The Advanced Diploma of Underground Coal Mining Management is commonly referred to as:
- First Class Ticket
- Mine Managers Qualification
- Advanced Diploma Training
The Joncris Sentinel Services Mine Manager’s Program is suitable for those who are currently working in an underground coal mine with ambitions to further their knowledge and skill in the management of an underground coal mining. By undertaking this Qualification you will learn how to perform tasks that are broad, specialised, complex and technical and include strategic areas and initiating activities. You will be required to demonstrate self-directed application of theoretical and technical knowledge and initiate solutions to technical problems or management requirements.
Joncris Sentinel Services can assist you from your enquiry today through to your Board of Examiners Examinations.
Joncris Sentinel Services Mine Manager’s Program
There are two pathways you can choose to take to achieve your Advanced Diploma of Underground Coal Mining Management depending on your requirements:
- Mine Manager Pathway: If you would like to become a Mine Manager and you would like to complete all of the individual Units of Competency, then it would be practical for you to complete these Units as per the normal Mine Managers Pathway Program outlined below.
- VO Program Pathway: If you would like to become a Mine Manager and you would like to complete a lesser number of Units of Competency, Joncris Sentinel Services VO Program is a clustered Program. This means that by completing the Unit of Competency ‘RIIUND603D Manage, operate and maintain the mine ventilation system’ you will also complete additional Units of Compentency contained within the Diploma and Advanced Diploma of Underground Coal Mining Management within the one Program. Please click here for more details.
Joncris Sentinel Services Mine Manager Program (Mine Manager Pathway) consists of the following Units of Competency:
* PLEASE NOTE: The Shotfiring Units of Competency are offered via Blastcon Pty Ltd in Partnership with Joncris Sentinel Services. Blastcon Pty Ltd will be responsible for the issuance of these Statements of Attainment.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have the ability to complete a Security Assessment, as set down by your relevant state for the Shotfiring components.
- Work in an Undergound Coal Mine or have written approval from the SSE of a working Undergound Coal Mine that states that you are permitted access to the Underground Coal Mine to complete your assessment requirements.
- Be able to understand written and verbal communications and be able to communicate with other persons in English.
- Have access to an Underground Coal Mines Safety and Health Management System, Standard Operating Procedure, Registers and Key Site Personnel.
- Understand that relevant information must be sourced prior to application of the Qualification in regards to licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements. This is because they can vary between states, territories and industry sectors.
- Understand that you required at least 3 years experience in a coal mine prior to sitting for your Mine Managers ticket with the Board of Examiners.
- Have the commitment, time and willingness to complete the Qualification.
- Be able to access to a reliable computer or laptop with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat Reader (version 5 or later), media player, email and internet connection.
Entry Requirements for Qualification
There are no pre-requisites for the RII60313 Qualification.
How to Enrol
Please click on this electronic RII60313 Application Form, which can be saved to your computer for completion or printed out to be faxed or mailed.
Once completed, please return your Course Commencement Application with your identification via one of the following methods:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax – (07) 4927 1577
- Mail to PO Box 736 Rockhampton QLD 4700
- Visit us at 197 Bolsover Street, Rockhampton Queensland
Once we have received your Course Commencement Application and the required course fee, you will receive your log-on within one (1) business day.
The Australian Qualifications Framework suggests that the volume of learning for a Advanced Diploma is typically 1.5 – 2 years.
All of the required Units of Competency have a blend of theory and practical assessment requirements. There are no exams.
Available Study Modes
Students may either be Self funded or Company funded and participate in one of the following study modes:
- Self-paced Study (off-line or paper-based)
- Facilitated group training (onsite or offsite theory with onsite practical assessment or via webinars depending on Student numbers)